Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our New Favorite Veggie

We love broccoli.  However, you can only eat so much steamed broccoli.  In my quest to find something new I came across Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower from Martha Stewart.  You can find that recipe here:Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower.

However, I made a few adjustments to reduce the calories and the lemon flavor for the little people in our family.  Here is how we do it:



1 head broccoli, broken into 1-inch florets
1/2 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
Coarse salt and ground pepper


Preheat oven to 475 degrees
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (trust me, it makes clean up a cinch)
Spray with a light coat of olive oil baking spray
Place broccoli and cauliflower on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
Toss to coat all the veggies with oil, salt, and pepper
Place lemon slices evenly spaced across the top
Bake for 25 - 30 min tossing once half way through

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do.  We use any leftovers in Buttered Noodles & Chicken.

No comments: