I just now cracked it open and have loved all the recipes we have tried. Our absolute favorite is Buttered Noodles. However, we make a few changes to fit our family and incorporate quite a few leftovers, such as Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower. We also chop up left over roaster chicken or grilled chicken to add some protein. I use Tri-Colored Bow Tie Pasta because it looks fun, I know that is very unscientific, but it works for my kids.
"Buttered" Noodles
8 oz Tri-colored Bow Tie Pasta
1/2 Yellow Squash Puree
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
1/4 teaspoon salt
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions
Drain and return the pasta to the warm pot and add squash puree, milk, margarine, Parmesan, and salt.
If you are planning on adding vegetables and chicken, increase the milk to 1/3 cup, 3 Tablespoons of margarine, and 3 tablespoons of parmesan.

No comments:
Post a Comment