I took a week off from posting my meal plan, mostly because every time I started the post the plan changed. It was a crazy week.
I made my plan on Sunday so I could go grocery shopping on Monday. I was so excited because it was the first time Jackson would sit in the cart instead of the car seat. That thing takes up so much room in the cart, I was read to ditch it. Unfortunately by the end of BJs he was exhausted and ended up falling asleep in the cart at Target. We still had to hit of Giant for our fresh produce and a couple good deals, but that was cut due to my sleeping little guy. We also decided to head up to Ikea to pick up a few items. This cut my plan of Salisbury steak and was replaced with hamburgers on the grill.
Tuesday Caelyn refused to take a nap and by 4:45 she was sound asleep in my lap in the recliner. This NEVER happens, so I savored the moment and sat there with her for about an hour. My nice plan of pork chops and sweet potatoes was substituted with pork chops and mac & cheese.
Wednesday I had planned Apricot Chicken (a yummy crockpot recipe I need to post soon). However, it was the mission study at church and I didn't need to cook dinner. Woohoo! However, Phil was home for lunch, so I ended up making the Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes that were set for Monday, that way he would have leftovers for the weekend.
Thursday, I made pizza as planned, but had to have Phil stop by the store on the way home to pick up a few things.
Friday, I left Jackson for the very first time for the TBC Ladies' Retreat. It was a wonderful time. I left Phil with a well stocked fridge of leftovers and all the ingredients to make Apricot Chicken.
So, my apologies for my few (and I mean very few) readers for my lack of a meal plan. I had one, we just didn't follow because life through us a lot of curve balls.
Sunday, April 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment