I adapted this from the back of the canister of Panko bread crumbs. It was pretty tasty and pretty easy too. I meant to take a picture, but we were really hungry and I completely forgot. I took the chicken breast and pounded them out and cut them in half so the would cook faster, which worked out well for our hungry tummys. I am still working on my recipe writing skills, if you see that something is missing...please let me know.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1 Tablespoon Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese...or whatever you have in the fridge
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Large Chicken Breast
Marinara Sauce
Favorite Pasta
Preheat Oven to 350.
Put water for pasta on to boil.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Pound chicken out, it doesn't have to be thin, just a consistent thickness. Tip: I put the chicken in a ziplock bag and only close it half way. This keeps the juices from splattering everywhere. I also use either a metal water bottle or my rolling pin to pound it out, rather than buying a meat tenderizer. Cut each piece in half so you have 4 pieces total.
Put the flour in one shallow dish. Put the egg, milk, and pepper in a second shallow dish and beat until blended. Then place the bread crumbs and cheese into a third shallow dish.
First, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and coat evenly. Next, dip the chicken in the egg mixture. Finally coat the chicken with the bread crumb and cheese mixture. Place in the baking pan.
Once you have done all four pieces sprinkle the chicken with the olive oil.
Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Once the water has come to a boil cook pasta according to directions on the package.
Warm the marinara on the stove for 10 minutes.
Serve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment