Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Grocery Shopping

I don't like grocery shopping.  I am learning about using coupons and am really getting into that part.  I really like to use them at Target where I can stack manufacturers coupons and their online coupons.  Did you know you could do that?  I learned that recently, I used a Similac.com coupon ($3), Target.com ($2), and a formula check( $5) to buy formula last week.  Saving $10 on formula is awesome.

That aside, I don't like to go to the grocery store.  It was pretty easy with Caelyn, one kid, one juice cup, and a snack and we could quickly knock it out.  Now with two kids it seems to be a lot harder, especially with Jackson still in the infant seat.  His seat doesn't fit securely in most grocery carts so he either has to go in the basket or I have to wear him in the Mobi or Bjorn.  It is quite the adventure to run errands.

However, I found this list online that makes it easier to be organized.  The list is designed to be made into a cute list pad, but I found a "better" use for it.  I normally go to two stores while I am shopping, BJs & some sort of grocery store or Target.  I love Target, but that really needs a whole post of its own.  I printed out a few of the pages and post them on the fridge.  On one side I write BJs and the other side I write grocery store.  That way as I discover we need something I can mark it on the list from the appropriate store.  Then, when I go to the grocery store I fold it in half so I am only looking at the store I need and I tuck the coupons I am going to use inside it.

The list is also customizable, so I added the things we buy most often and take off the things we don't ever buy.  I also use the empty blanks at the bottom to write the high dollar coupons that I have with me. That way I can remember to look to see if certain items are on sale.  For instance, I have been carrying around  a $2 Aveeno coupon with me for a couple weeks, and finally it was on sale.

If you have a better system, let me know!

No comments: