Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little Helper

I hate doing dishes, it is my least favorite chore in the whole world.  Fortunately I have a husband who doesn't mind doing the dishes and is quite effective at it.  However, since Phil has been busy working on home projects to prepare for the arrival of Jackson I have volunteered to do the dishes until I can no longer reach the faucet.

However, it seems like every time I start the dishes Caelyn goes from playing nicely on her own to wanting to be right at mommy's side.  So yesterday I filled the empty side of the sink with water and bubbles and let her go to town.  While I did dishes for 1/2 and hour, Caelyn played happily with one little cup in the soapy water.  It was great knowing exactly where she was and she had a lot of fun "doing dishes" with mommy.



2 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

Nate and I have recently had issues with vacuuming. He just wants to be a little helper but it takes sooooo long. I am definitely learning patients.

Phil and Pam said...

Does Nate have his own vacuum? We got Caelyn one and she vacuums while I am vacuuming. I just have to watch because she likes to vacuum right in front of me.